Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Sari's & Salwar's worthy of a mention




So I have been clicking on my google ad's (above) for sari stores and have come across some very interesting designs worthy of a mention

Let's start with the damn right crazy prints.



Way to expensive Sari

then we have the wear would it be worn list
fashion wear? Little crazy looking

Wedding Sari?

As I have never bought my own suit, and don't get chance to go shopping for clothes in Indian because we usually have people with us and well I am the slowest and worst clothes shopper in the world I have composed a wish list. Not necessarily a list of ones I actually want, but styles Id certainly like to try one to see how they look.

while buying online would be easier and I could compose my own collection of clothes from the comfort of my own home I do find the process extremely unrealistic and don't intend to pay $100's of dollars for things I am sure would be much much less in India. Is it the price of convenience that I just might have to pay ?

Nice style suit Not sure of the color as I have red hair but really like the cut of the top

Nice White Suit Not sure it would stay white on me specially in India but nice and modern

Modern Style Bit bright for my liking but I have worse.

Dress over Pant Style this is a nice dress over the pants style which I like as I do that with my western clothes when I am having a fat day

as for saris personally I prefer georgette cause its OH so much lighter as for colors, I am not sure still Cyber looking.

I really wish all those Indian models were not so pretty though.. Maybe they should design a store with western models for us GoriGirls.

Where does everyone else shop ? What's your favorite sari? Have a picture or it ?

Ok so here are a few pics of me wearing sari's and Salwaars.



Pictures

This is me in my green salwaar with my "I don't like green" Face on.. actually it was my iam totally drained face the morning before the wedding reception... Oh yes that velvet box on my lap is filled with pearls.....









This is a picture of my and Hubby the day of Diwali it would be back in 2003. Nothing comical to say about this one..I dont recall it being very funny at all....















This would be me and my friends in 2004 at our own hosted Diwali Festival.. This red sari is my favourite it is a georgette fabric, very light and I love the red it has silver detailing on it..
My friends were wearing their own saris bought whilst in India backpacking.







This is a Picture of my mum dressed up for Diwali 2004.





















This would be one of my original Salwaar suits, that was given to my by my MIL before marriage at least i think thats where it came from... I like the color and the black Chunni which you can't see.
this is the "welcoming ceremony" as we enter the house as husband and wife for the first time.



Thats all I seem to have of me in Indian clothes.. which really isnt very good considering I have been married for 4 years..
Maybe I will have to capture those moments more..if not only for the blog.. but is anyone really interested in seeing what I wear?? I think not...

5 comments:

yum said...

HA! Great post GG. And that "crazy print" is priceless. I have wasted many hours in the past "cyber browsing" and now Ive spent a few more, hehe. The georgette I have seen has been too see-through for my liking. I really find the sarees more beautiful, but I know practically, I would not wear the sarees much. Prefer salwars.

I cannot stand the thought of paying so much for these online, not to mention the difficultly getting the "right fit", including tailor made ones and questioning how it would "look" on me.(Believe me, I would give u a big challenge on being the slowest/most indecisive shopper!) So, I have to wait until I get back to India. I have many ideas and colour combinations which I want. Will post later when I have more time.

By the way, the ones you chose were really nice. Good taste!

yum said...

The colours I like to wear are mostly in the red family: maroon, red, dark pink/magenta, peach, rust. I also like black, dark green, and blue. ALL shades of blue!

Combinations are mostly case by case basis, but some favs are:
blue with white/cream/tan
black and red
brown and black
pink/peach and lavender/purple

yum said...

Oooh, and I also like "double shades".

As for materials, I think I like crepe a lot. and cotton silk, or polycotton, not the stiff cotton.

I dont care for very wide borders, animal pictures, or neon colours.

I havent had a chance to do too much shopping though, so my wish list is long.

What about you gg, any pics? ;)

Shell said...

Does anyone know any Indian stores online who sell similar items for more realistic prices? maybe I will consider buying some before going to india to insure I have a compfortable wardrobe...shopping there is impossible.

Anonymous said...

No doubt any women look fantastic in saree. whether she is western or eastern.
Anjali
[http://wwww.mumbaishopping.biz/mumbai-saree.html]