Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The Indian Influence

Things I find myself doing now that I am married to an Indian.
This isnt the top 10 list, just the first 10 I can think of right now..
1: Washing the dishes under running water
2: Never leaving the house immediately after sneezing
3: Drinking more water
4: Watching Indian Cooking Shows
5: Watching Indian Travel Shows
6: Humming to Indian Bollywood Songs
7: Watching what I do with my feet
8: Laughing at T.V Program "Kumars at No 42"
9: Laughing at T.V Program Goodness Gracious Me
10: Shopping for Saree's and Salwaars
11: Writing a Blog

7 comments:

Rita said...

Hey, that is an interesting list! You are married to an India, but you are not Indian. Am I right in assuming so?

Shell said...

Rita, thanks for leaving a comment.
Yes I am Married to an Indian but I am from Australia.

BTW my mums name is Rita.. totally off topic and not relevant but thought id say it.. hehe

Rita said...

Haha! Sadly, my name is not Rita. That is just my blog identity. My name is completely Indian :D

Shell said...

Oh well... still my mums real name..lol

Shell said...

Wearing more gold? ..hmm when in India i guess yes. but I am a silver girl (much to the dismay of my MIL)

Shell said...

C: thanks for dropping by...

I am glad I am not the only one who struggles with the chuni..
I assume you are saying your both Indian, north and south right?

I thought the chuni would be mastered by you though ? no?

dandundee said...

Hi, I am an Aussie bloke dating an English-Indian girl. Am cruising the net looking for stuff about bridging gaps with parents/cultures. Good to see that I am not the first to do this. Any hints?