Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Whats the best thing about being married to an Indian?

Well I started this question off in my group with a variety of answers.

to clarify the question it is about being married to an Indian.. Not just being married..

We all know the up's and down of marriage but "what is the best?" and hey lets go for "what is the worst" thing about being married to an Indian??


Best thing would be..... I am not sure I can actually pic out anything that I could say is an "Indian" thing. But as I asked the question I should also answer it.

So I am going to go for.. Learning a new culture.

but I am also going to add that for the worst thing about being married to an Indian..is the cultural conflicts... especially when it comes to family politics...

There is a highracey I not only dont fully understand but I dont agree with.. everyone is equal in my eye, no matter if they married the girl..or did something or whatever... and in my eyes.. you Earn respect your not automatically granted it.

2 comments:

yum said...

At first gg, I didnt have a good reply to this. To be honest, I dont feel cultural differences between us for whatever reason.

Then I realized the worst part of being married to an Indian. It has nothing to do with him. Its about everyone else. Its dealing with JUDGEMENTAL PEOPLE. All sorts of assumptions and judgements are made on me/us constantly. By Indians, Americans, whoever. Not always in a bad way. But annoying never-the-less.

Shell said...

My husband and I are perfect together it's everyone else that makes it a struggle.

90% of the time we do things because we are expected to or told to. Not be cause either of us want to.