Sunday, November 27, 2005

India Bashing

OK

So I am guilty of Indian Bashing.. But I find it funny but not in a Hahaha way when people India Bash to me... Do they not realise my husband is Indian?

the latest is the Call centre dramas with basically Indian call centre staff being hated here like the plague.. they have become the butt of soooo many jokes and current affair complaints.

But as these people go on and on about it to me personally making comments such as..

"I cant even understand the stupid Indian"
"Wobbling his head no doubt" (probally is actually lol)
"Dont these people have any respect for privacy"
"They are taking over the world" (often thought that actually)

but... I don't know I wouldn't tell fat jokes to someone whois mother was 500kgs...
sooo

Its not my fault my husband has defects..LOL

anyone else encountered this ??

6 comments:

Our Catholic Family said...

Oh yeah, I get that one all the time. And, these people know my husband is Indian. I've even had people use slag terms like 'oreo' refering to interacial children. I think sometimes people feel really comfortable with me, and just forego their inhibitions -- and I get to see their real self.

burf said...

v nice blog u got here.

i mean it is nice not just because i am an indian but also because it is nice to read about 1st hand experience of someone who is from another cultural planet and trying hard

gud luck

and r u presently in india?

Shell said...

Burf.. No Iam not in India..I live in Australia..

Gundu.. doesnt gundu mean..Idiot or something? atleast thats what hubby says.. I am allowed to call him it..lol

it could mean sweetie for all I know..LOL

Our Catholic Family said...

Hi Gori,

Gundu means "fat". It's also used to tell someone that they've put on some extra weight. I have the story on my blog - long story short it's what my father in law said to me.

LOL. My husband glares at me every time I say the word. I think he feels guilty (sympathy pregnancy symptoms I say - ie. the weight gain).

Shell said...

I thought it meant idiot..

I guess Iam calling my husband a "Fat Idiot" then...lol
luckily for him I just call him english swear words..
where an arse is an arse and a pig is a pig..lol

yum said...

Im half guessing here, but the 'a' in gandu is probably like gaandu or guhndu . the tamil gundu is not 'gun - do' more like goondu . something like that. I cant think of an english equivalent for the tamil "U" hehe. Maybe like the U in Undhiyu.

This reminds me, Im not sure why, of when I learned some tamil names for "body parts" of the net. He was really surprised, and I think, a little embarrased. Hes so cute.