Monday, November 21, 2005

Indian Shopping Malls

I have to comment on the Indian shopping Malls...

Since my last visit to india these have popped up all over delhi and numerous malls are in the process of being built..

So what are my thought on these mega shopping cities?? Well as for shopping is concerned I don't find them cheap, but I do find the "Easy"

Easy as in- Airconditioned (no one likes to sweat)
Easy as in- no touts (no one likes to be hassled so much your scared to look)
Easy as in- no Hassles (hey it says it all)
Easy as in- no crowds ( I am noise sensative and crowds..well.. Crowd me)
Easy as in -limited staring.... (staring is traumatic for me)
Easy as in- Clean Toilets..(I admit it..I do HAVE to go a lot)

So for super malls I give them a thumbs up, they are my little westernised sanctuary in a culture that I just don't blend into...

1 comment:

Our Catholic Family said...

OH Man! I am so jealous. Never went to a mall in India. However, we went to a ready made shop. They tried to convence me that blue and yellow stripes matched army green dress pants.

Ugh.

I so longed for a westernized retreat. We stayed at the Intercontintential Hotel in New Delhi. I loved it so much I didn't want to leave. I felt so happy - I even spent $5 per glass of *iced* tea!!

robin
(international couples)