Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Mehndi




Mehndi- Is a henna paste that is applied to the hands during a wedding ceremony

I had both my hands and feet done.. it was quite a unreal experience really, to men in the market sat on little stools and applied the henna to me, while a relative sat near to keep me safe.. I had to sit still for over 30 mins while they applied it and then several hours whilst the henna dried.

I had to go home on the scooter with my husband ,with my hands and feet sticking out.
Keep in mind this was the first time I had been on a scooter and not being able to hold on was traumatic to say the least.

The henna was itchy and irritating but I was prompted to leave it on as long as possible to make it dark as possible.


here are some Mehndi Jeans that you can make...

Bleached Mehndi Jeans

No comments: