Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Kulfi - The western way

This is me making kulfi the gori girl way.

Step 1 - Open Packet (Obtained from the Indian shop in the Westerners you can't cook this from scratch section)


Step 2- Do basically what the packet says but add a tonne more pistachios to impress your guests.






Step 3 - Use plastic Alcoholic shot glasses as a mold.

Step 4 - Chop the handles off plastic throwaway spoons (land fill) to make sticks.


Step 5 - Keep the spoons for entree- Cover the broken end of each spoon with tin foil. Then fill each spoon with a smoked oyster and cream, garnish with chives. (Do not serve at the same time as ice cream)

Step 5 - Allow the kulfi to set on the Tupperware (Overpriced plastic ware) - in the huge deep freeze .(The one we don't need except for all the western prepackaged crap I make my husband eat).



4 comments:

Our Catholic Family said...

What a great idea! Did you use the Tupperware "midgets" for this? Or, just regular plastic cups?

Oh yes, our poor hubbies having to eat western crap. It could be worse, I could make mine eat my from scratch indian food...but, I think he'd prefer pork chops any night! ;)

Gori Girl said...

Hi - I found your site by googling gorigirl, since I just started a blog at http://gorigirl.com/ . It looks like you aren't posting here anymore, which is a shame, but if you see this message I'd love it if you'd come check out my blog. I'm also posting on intercultural relationships, with an emphasis on ones with a South Asian partner.

yum said...

Hey Gorigirl...

Hope everything is well with you? Any news? Looking forward to some more posts!

workhard said...

Nice.. although im not much of a cook.. ive tried making Kulfi from the recipes i looked up on the internet.. and never came out right.. will try out this one..



Work from home India